Our School at a Glance
Starting at the Primary level, Montessori classrooms have a mixed-age environment (3-6 year olds, 6-9 year olds, and 9-12 year olds) to allow for both individual and social development. We strive to balance each class by age and gender in accordance with Association Montessori International standards.
Enrollment and Faculty
2020-21 Enrollment: 140
Pre-Primary (ages 2-3): 1 classroom of up to 10 students per day in our Acorn Room with one Head Teacher and one Assistant Teacher. Some children attend mornings until noon, while some stay until 3pm.
Primary (ages 3-6): 4 classrooms of up to 15 students in our Aspen, Maple, Sequoia and Pine rooms, each with one Head Teacher and one to two Assistant Teachers.
Lower Elementary (ages 6-9): 2 classrooms of up to 18 students in our Bay Laurel and Redwood rooms, each with one Head Teacher and one Assistant Teacher.
Upper Elementary (ages 9-12): 2 classrooms of up to 18 students in our Cypress and Willow rooms, each with one Head Teacher and one Assistant Teacher.
Also on staff are Specialists in Art, Gardening, Movement, Music, Physical Education, and Spanish.
Daily ScheduleBelow is an example of a typical day for our programs.
Accreditations & Affiliations
- Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
- School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS)
- Independent Schools of the San Francisco Bay Area (ISSFBA)
- National Business Officers Association (NBOA)
- California Independent School Business Officers Association (ISBOA)
- Green Certified Business, Marin County